Here we'll show you how to buy an A4 1:1250 scale location plan on Blackwellsmapping.co.uk.
The process is the same to buy any OS Mastermap products, so if you require a different scale or product, please choose a different product at stage 4.
1 Log in
- If you are a first time user, please click ‘Register’ and complete the short form.
- Otherwise, login at the top right of the screen with your email & password.
2 Find your location
- Enter your required address, co-ordinates or postcode.
- If you can't find your location, please contact us and we can help you find it for you.
3 View detailed mapping
- In the pop up box, enter a reference if required and click 'Continue'.
- A temporary marker indicates your chosen location.
- This marker will not appear on the finished map.
- You will see the target centred exactly on your chosen property.
- NB When you register, your first detailed view is free. If you search your location and buy a map in the same session, your view will be refunded. Read more about free view charges.
4 Choose your Product
- Select ‘Building / detailed (planning/site)’ from the ‘Products’ menu on the top left.
- On the pop-up menu, click one of the small circles to choose either ’Print Full Colour’, ‘Print Building Fill Only’, or ‘Print Black & White’.
- Most planning applications only require black & white and this is the cheapest option
- If you require OS MasterMap data for CAD, eg DWG, DXF, GML etc, please choose the 1st option Data Export.
5 Choose your Size & Scale
- The ‘Define Area’ section will pop up. Click on the ‘Print Size’ icon and choose your map scale from the drop down box. Most planning applications require 1:1250 scale, however, please refer to your planning application instructions.
- If you've chosen data export (DWG/DXF etc), please choose the Ground Coverage option, where you can then define your coverage on the next screen.
- Select paper size from the drop down menu. Choose ‘A4 Value’ for the cheapest option.
- The pink box is the area the map will cover. The grey box shows the size of the paper.
- If you need to move the site centre of the map, click inside the pink box and a black circle will
appear. Then click and drag the circle to your desired location.
6 Price, Ordering & Payment
- Click on ‘Get Price’ which is at the bottom left of the screen in ‘Your Selected Products’.
- Once the price has appeared click on ‘Order Now’.
- On the following Order Screen, enter a reference under ‘Product Information’ if required.
- Under ‘Extras’ you can enter any other text required e.g. your name, address and postcode. This will appear on your finished map as indicated by the thumbnails. All other options are defaulted to the correct setting for downloading your map.
- At the bottom right of this page is a small box confirming you accept the terms & conditions: put a tick in here then click on ‘Place Order’.
- Follow the on-screen payment instructions.
7 Download your Map
- Click on ‘Your Account’ at the top right of the screen.
- Click ‘Orders Placed’ at the top left of the screen to see the map you have bought.
- Refresh the status by clicking “Update Order Status” until “Pending” changes to ‘Download’. This may take a couple of minutes to appear.
- Click on “Download” to get your map. Your map will download as a PDF in a zip file.
If you have trouble opening this file, find more help here.
If you are printing your map, please ensure they are to scale. Read More.