Many of our mapping products are downloaded in zip files. This is to reduce the file size for speed of download. A zip file is a compressed folder containing multiple files. It allows you to transfer many files at once, and takes up less storage space than the files would if they were not compressed.
Both Windows and Mac OSX are able to open and uncompress ZIP files without additional software. iPhones and iPads will require an additional app. Please read the relevant section below.
We also recommend JZip, which is free unzipping tool that you can download here.
We have assumed you are using the Google Chrome browser, which is the browser we recommend. However all browsers work in a similar way.
• In your account section click Download.
• In the next window, choose where you want to save the zip file and click Save.
• You can then locate the zip file in the bottom left of the browser window. Double click to open it.
• This will open the zip file. Double click on your (PDF / data) file to open your map.
If you have already downloaded your file
• Locate where you have saved the zip file. Then right-click the zip file and chose Extract All.
• Click Browse to choose where to save your map, then click Extract.
• Locate the folder that you extracted your map to, and click to open.
• Double-click the unopened zip file. The file should extract automatically. If that doesn't work, hold down the control key and click the zip file icon.
• Choose "Open With" and then select "Archive Utility." The utility will extract the zip files, and you can find them in the same folder where you downloaded them.
Mobile iOS device, eg iPhone or iPad
• If you're using an iPhone or iPad, you'll need to download and install an app. We recommend iZip, a popular and reliable option that is free in the App Store.
• After you have the app installed, log in and go to your "My Purchases" page. Tap "Download Now" next to the zipped resource. When the download is complete, you'll be redirected to a page where you can choose how to open the file.