You can create your own planning maps in minutes through our Planning Portal.
It's straight forward to create and & download your plans, but if you need a helping hand, read on!
1 Getting Started
- Enter your postcode and click to search
- Or click on Buy Now or Log In to enter the portal
- If you are a first-time user, click Register, otherwise click Log-in
- To register, complete all the required details and click Create an account
2 Create Your Map
- If the main map isn't already centred on your property, enter your postcode followed by your address - eg LS2 9HJ 21 Blenheim Terrace Leeds
- TOP TIP! If you enter your postcode and add a space after it, the search should then find your address automatically on a drop-down list. Click to select it.
- The main screen will then centre on your property automatically
- Click an icon choose a file type (usually PDF). Read more about file types here
- Then click the A4 scale you require (usually 1:1250 or 1:500). Read more about scales here
- The main screen will adjust to your chosen scale coverage
- TOP TIP! You can re-centre your map by click & dragging the main map screen
- TOP TIP! You can delete the centre marker by clicking Hide in the bottom right corner
- To give your property a red outline use our highlighting tools
- Click Auto select and then double-click within your property on the map
- TOP TIP! Click the orange icon for more details about highlighting
- NB These tools are designed to be used for simple outlines. If you need a more complicated area, we suggest you download the map and use external software (eg Illustrator), or use our professional website.
- NB If using the freehand tool, ensure you double-click on the first point to close the area.
- Then click Finish to complete the highlight
- When you are happy with your choices click Next to order and pay for your map
3 Buy & Download Your Map
- On this screen you can preview and adjust your map before you purchase
- Click and drag the map to adjust the coverage
- Add or amend the map title and/or the address (top and bottom) as required
- Click Request Prints if you would like us to send you printed copies. There is a £4.00 charge for this service
- TOP TIP! Save money by clicking Add a 1:500 PDF map for only £6.50 +vat
- If you are ordering 2 maps you can flip between them by clicking the scale at the top
- When you're happy with your order click to accept Terms & conditions, then Order Now
- In your shopping basket you can add a reference if required.
- You can also delete an order by clicking on the rubbish bin icon
- IMPORTANT! Before Proceeding to checkout, you must add your address details.
- Click Update Details on the top menu and complete the required details*.
- Then click Update Details at the bottom
- Then click Your Shopping Basket to return
- Click Proceed to Checkout to pay for you order via credit/debit card.
Downloading Your Map
• Once your plan(s) have been created they will be ready to download from your account section.
Go to Blackwell's Planning Maps and log in to your account.
Simply click on the Account icon, then select Your Orders, to view and download your orders (see below images).
This will be in a zip file which you can unzip using your unzip software. If you need more help, please read our How to Guide.
• You will need Adobe Reader or another compatible PDF reader to view and print your map. Download Adobe Reader here.
• You will also be emailed an order confirmation.
• If you need to download a receipt for your plans, go to your account section and click View, to download your PDF receipt.
Need more help and advice? Contact an expert: firstname.lastname@example.org • Live chat • 0800 151 2612.